Friday 19 April 2013

It Rained Heavily...



It was raining heavily. I was walking alone in the heavy rain with my umbrella when someone suddenly appeared beside me. I was shocked once I looked at his drenched figure. I was also afraid because I had never met him before.

“Could you let me walk with you, please? I forgot to bring an umbrella with me. I need to go to the school near that condominium.” he said while pointing at a particular direction.

I had no other choice but to let him walk with me. I nodded and he smiled. My heart skipped a beat when I looked at his charming smile. I quickly avoided my eyes from meeting his. We walked to the school together awkwardly. He left me without a single word as soon as we reached school. I was perplexed for a while but then just ignored what he just did since I might not meet him anymore in the future.

I entered 4 Alpha after recess to study Add Math. I took a glance at the door when I heard a knocking sound. “We have a new student for 4 Alpha”, said the teacher. I was shocked when I looked at his face. OH MY GOD! It was him! It was the boy who shared an umbrella with me and left me without a single thank you! I was quite annoyed when he smiled at me and what annoy me more was when our homeroom teacher asked him to sit behind me.

It has been a month since Rafique became our classmate. We became best friend a few weeks after I rebuked his mistake with sarcasm. Rafique was a kind friend and a great listener. Due to his charm and kindness, I fell in love without him realizing it. I tried to ignore those feeling but it keeps burning.

One day, I received a small note from Rafique. He asked me to meet him at the library. The moment I read the note, I’ve been thinking the reason he wants to meet me. I could not focus in class the whole day because I’m dying of curiousity! That evening, I went to the library to meet Rafique. When I saw him sitting near the bookshelf calmly, I felt nervous. I walked slowly towards Rafique.

“Peace be upon you, Rafique.”

“Peace be upon you too, Isha.” his charming smile returns. I was stunned again but quickly looked away. There was an awkward silence between us for a moment before I broke it.

“Do you have anything to say, Rafique?” I asked.

“Actually, I have something to tell you.” I nodded as a sign asking him to continue his words. “I love you.” I was shocked for a while. I can feel my heart beating quickly as if I ran continuosly. I took a deep breath, gather my strength and looked at him. He was still there, looking at me with calm, stunning, charming and amazing smile.

“I love you, Isha”. He repeated his words. All of my strength left me. I felt weak but felicitous, pleased and glad at the same time! I was not the only one who had a crush on him. I took a deep breath again and said, “I love you too, actually.”

Rafique smiled. He was obviously relief when he heard my words. We chatted about our feelings. We shared our memories together and how we fell in love with each other. At last, he declared himself as my boyfriend and I became his girlfriend.

Three months had already passed. We faced plenty of ups and downs in relationship together. I loved the way he console me when I sulk. He will make a cute face and try to comfort me with his sweet words or sometimes, he would buy my favourite ice-cream. It was a great memories.

Until one day, when I was walking home on that windy day when someone seems to catch my eyes. I looked to my right and I saw Rafique holding Aqila’s hand firmly. I glared at Rafique until he looked at me. He quickly let Aqila’s hand go when he saw me. I turned around and rushed away. I heard Rafique shouted my name but ignored it.

“ISHAAAAA!” suddenly, there’s a loud bang and screeching sound. I looked back and I saw Rafique lying helplessly on the road with blood spilling out of his head. I rushed to him and cradled his head on my lap. I cried when I looked at his pale figure.

“I’m....s-sorry, I-I-Isha. I d-didn’t mean t-to hurt your fe-feelings.. I really love y-you, Isha. I really do. I’m s-sorry.” He closed his eyes slowly as soon as he apologies.

“No, Rafique pleasee! Wake up, Rafique! Don’t leave me alone! RAFIQUEEEE!!!”

“Alisha, let’s go home.” I am startled by my mother reprimand. I look at my mother and smile weakly.

“Give me 5 minutes please, mom.” my mother nod.

I look at the tombstone again. Ahmad Rafique Nadzmi bin Hakimi. He died two years ago while chasing me. He got hit by a car and he was unconcious for two month. I waited for him everyday but he never wakes up. It was all a misunderstanding that causes him to lie helplessly on the bed waiting for death. Aqila are his cousin and he was trying to support her after being abandoned by her parents.

Now, here I am, alone beside Rafique’s grave, regretting my jealousy and envy. I should have appreciate him while he was still alive. I regret everything. How I wish I could return to the past. I’ll go back and change it but I can’t. I can just pray for his bliss. I love you Rafique, farewell.


No comments:

Post a Comment